Berkeley Group is taking part in Crisis' Race to End Homelessness from 20-31 July. This new virtual event is replacing the annual Square Mile Run, which many of you have taken part in before. Last year 108 Berkeley staff got involved, raising a fantastic £24,000 for Crisis.
This year, we're taking part as divisional teams - and we want to get as many people as possible signed up to race a mile.
The funds raised from the event will support Crisis's work to help homeless and vulnerable people into permanent accommodation, following the Covid-19 pandemic. Just £50 can help someone gain the skills or qualifications they need to turn their life around.
It is very simple to join the Race to End Homelessness.
1. Sign up as an individual, making sure you enter Berkeley Group as the company so we can track our overall participation.
2. Your fundraising page will be automatically created. You can then join your team page by selecting the 'Join an existing team' button and searching for your team name. Please make sure you join your division's team - if you can't find it contact your Foundation Champion.
3. Get fundraising. The fundraising target is just £50 per individual runner, but the more we can raise, the better. Please remember that everything you raise is match funded by Berkeley Group into the Berkeley Foundation, so your contributions will go even further.
4. Start your race! We want everyone to run, walk or wheel at least a mile, but you can set yourself a bigger target distance if you are feeling ambitious - it might even win us a prize!
You can track your progress by linking your online giving page to your Fitbit, Strava or Map My Run account or you can manually log the distance you travel on your page. Your friends, family and colleagues can all sponsor you through your online page. If you use Strava you can follow your team mates to see their distances and speed, and encourage each other! Crisis has set up a Strava club for the event where you can see how other teams are getting on: https://www.strava.com/clubs/crisis
The Foundation will be recognising Berkeley winners as below:
· Biggest divisional team (you can get your friends and family involved too!)
· Longest distance covered by a team
· Most money raised by a team
- Best fancy dress
Crisis will run also weekly prize-led challenges for all participants in categories including best fancy dress outfit and best photo from your race.
Please take lots of photos along the way and send them to Emma Lidefjard (email@example.com) so we can share on social media, and use in newsletters and other publications.
The Race to End Homelessness is part of Crisis' campaign; Home For All. The coronavirus pandemic has seen the fantastic work that can be done when individuals, government and industry come together, finding temporary housing for thousands in just a few weeks. But we now need to make sure these people aren't returned to the streets, and that those facing homelessness for the first time get the help they need.
Sign up to Crisis' campaign to keep updated about progress and how you can help, and spread the word to family and friends. Together, we can end homelessness.